View Single Post
Old 02-23-2009, 05:07 PM   #9
Ellie May
And Rylee Finnegan
Donating Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by michelle002 View Post
My female Yorkie is healthy, active, loving; at 8 years old, she is always mistaken for a puppy. Over the years she has had dentals. Currently, someone brought to my attention that she has really bad breath. (It doesn't bother me!) And then I realized her two front teeth and one bottom were loose. I rushed to the vet and he said he has to remove possibly 4 teeth. I am so upset. I don't want it to get worse, but I am concerned about her being without her front teeth; what will that do to her heath and eating habits? Thanks for your advice...
All dogs have baby teeth. They lose them and adult teeth grow in. Some dogs retain their baby teeth and the adult teeth grow in next to them, so the babies have to be pulled. However, in your case it is the adult teeth. Your Yorkie will do just fine without the incisors. In fact, Ellie May (pictured to the left) only has her canines/fangs in the front. Her front teeth started falling out and the rest had to be pulled. It hasn't been an issue for her at all.
Not Registered?

Join today and remove this ad!