View Single Post
Old 02-23-2009, 01:36 PM   #10
Ellie May
And Rylee Finnegan
Donating Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by SRD View Post
Dolly doesn't have any known medical problem, well, except that she has very mild LP which I don't think its relevant here
I had her tested for liver shunt since shes having hard time gaining weight. but everything came out normal. her vet was thinking about EPI but she doesn't have any of the clinical signs of EPI. she's small but shes never lost weight, and shes got a very healthy digestive system other than not gaining weight, very few vomit or diarrhea. maybe we should have her tested anyways.
yes, Im worried about if I add too much carb to her diet then she might not be able to eat as much regular food as she needs, then I have to supplement her diet, which is something I don't want to/vet doesn't like since it would put too much stress on her liver. her vet has told me to stop Desuquin for the same reason since her LP is so mild.
I free feed Dolly on dry food, maybe I should give her more can food? but that worries me about her dental problem (shes got bad teeth and is getting a dental on Thursday).
Why would Dasequin put too much stress on her liver?
Ellie is liver compromised and still takes Cosequin.
It isn't optiminal for her but I want some piece of mind for her knees.
Glucosamine is very safe. It shouldn't affect a healthy dog's liver at all.

Ellie had horrible teeth on kibble and now that they are kept up with, they are much better and she eats homecooked. Dental problems being connected to soft foods would be hard to scientifically prove, especially if the teeth are brushed.
Not Registered?

Join today and remove this ad!