View Single Post
Old 02-23-2009, 10:55 AM   #1
tramseyer
Yorkie Yakker

Question It depends on the groomer - groomers at PetSmart

Good morning - almost lunch time

(Ducks the virtual tomatoes or worse getting pitched at me with that title.)

I have been searching for grooming tips for the past few days. I read some horror stories about PetSmart and other groomers, and I am not denying them or how bad they were.

But - Joplin MO's PetSmart has had at least one great groomer - she has become a family friend. Unfortunately she got pregnant and so left the salon. Please keep her in your thoughts as there is something wrong with the now-born baby.

Heidi just adored her, and all of the groomers like Heidi. There were a couple of good groomers there when we took her last year. Unfortunately I/we are caught in the economy crunch, and their prices are too much for us right now.

I don't work for PetSmart, never have and have no interest in the company. I simply dislike seeing all apples in a barrel tagged as rotten because of some/several apples are rotten.

If you find a good groomer, one that you like, can you ask for her/when she's working when you book the appointment? We have never had any problem with that.

If you find a bad groomer, is it against forum rules to post the name? I have noticed that some groomers move around a lot, from store to store. Joplin has several places that groom, so saying "I got a horrible groom at Hateful Howlers on July 1, 1856," may not be of much help to me.

I find the posts that explain why the groom was bad to be very helpful; they teach me what to look for.

Theresa
tramseyer is offline   Reply With Quote
Welcome Guest!
Not Registered?

Join today and remove this ad!