View Single Post
Old 02-23-2009, 09:24 AM   #13
Nancy1999
I ♥ Joey & Ralphie!
Donating Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by amanda350 View Post
Jersey has been between 3 and 3.5 since she was 6 months old.. I did have the bile acid test done and everything is fine. I just hate feeling like she is going to break... I feed chicken soup for the puppy lovers soul and they get treats..I know I cannot make her fatter, I just want her to be thicker if that makes any sense and I didn't know if they filled out more or exactly when you could call it quits on the growing..I cannot understand why anyone would want to purposely have a 2.5-3 lber.. They are so fragile....
That's what I thought when Joeys was a puppy, he was 3 pounds forever, and I prayed all the time he would get bigger, he didn't have a growth spurt until after 6 months and is now 5 1/2 pounds, but at 9 months I doubt if she will grow much. She might put on a few ounces, but she sounds like she's also delicately boned. Are you familiar with the term cobby body? These yorkies have a studier look, even though, some are quite small, they are just "bigger boned," and I don't mean fat! Were you planning on using her to breed, she doesn't sound like she'll ever be able to do that, but for someone looking for a petite pet, she would be perfect. I'm with you, I'm more comfortable with a somewhat larger dog, but the tinies are so darn adorable.

Join today and remove this ad!