View Single Post
Old 02-22-2009, 07:59 PM   #1
YorkieLove77
YT Addict

Default Please help...diarrhea for past 4 days

My almost 6 month old yorkie JoJo has had diarrhea for the past 4 days and I'm worried sick about him. I'm balling my eyes out right now cuz I'm so worried. He's had diarrhea in the past but only for less than a day, and it was usually due to a new treat his tummy wasn't used to (such as a bully stick), but then it would subside. Well this time I didn't change anything...his diet is exactly the same as it always was.

One thing that did change was that I moved. But his stools were normal the first 5 days or so, so I don't know if I can attribute that to his diarrhea. Also, I noticed this started the day after he got his rabies vaccination, but my vet said that the vaccine shouldn't have caused this. I called my vet on day 2 and she suggested putting him on a bland diet of chicken/rice and calling her on monday if it hasn't gotten any better. I've also started to give him only filtered/bottled water. Well, now its even runnier only it has a gritty texture to it, probably from the rice?

He is still happy and active and playful. I've been scouring the internet for answers but all I've done is worry myself more with horror stories of puppies dying suddenly. It's very late Sunday night and I'm not gonna be able to sleep tonight for fear that something will happen to him. Should I just be calm and take him to the vet tomorrow, or does anyone suggest I find an emergency vet and take him tonight?

I know I sound crazy but I love him so much and I don't want anything to happen to him. Please please someone help me with what I should do.

Oh, btw, his diarrhea has ranged in color from normal brown to a greyish color. Sometimes it's like a pudding consistency, others it's almost watery. Again, please help. I'm scared out of my mind for my baby.
YorkieLove77 is offline   Reply With Quote
Welcome Guest!
Not Registered?

Join today and remove this ad!