View Single Post
Old 02-22-2009, 04:30 PM   #7
Princes mom
YT 3000 Club Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by SummerSweety View Post
You need to take her into the vet ASAP! You need to have them check her for a condition called DIC immediately. I recently lost a dog to this. It started this way, I took him to the ER vet who told me he was fine and just had an upset stomach etc. It was BS, he was dead 2 weeks later. It causes mass hemorrhaging all over the body and causes fluid to accumulate around organs such as the lungs and heart preventing the animal from getting enough oxygen but not showing any symptoms. The first sign is a bleed out and vomitting. You need to make sure that she does not have this. I hope this helps, do some research and talk to your vet. Good Luck!!!
I didn't know what this was so I looked it up.

Disseminated intravascular coagulation (DIC), also known as "DIC" or "Dysfibrinogen syndrome", is a complex syndrome of disorders and deregulation of the coagulation. A cascade of events takes place within the body that leads to abnormal activation of products that encourages the blood to clot. Components such as fibrin are released within the blood stream. This can cause either very rapid clotting and possible abnormal blood clots and eventually loss of the ability to clot as the clotting ingredients are used up. Uncontrolled bleeding is the final result in this process.

The DIC condition may occur in dogs of any age, breed or sex. It is relatively uncommon in cats.

DIC occurs secondary to diseases that cause an inappropriate coagulation response.

Last edited by Princes mom; 02-22-2009 at 04:32 PM.
Princes mom is offline   Reply With Quote
Welcome Guest!
Not Registered?

Join today and remove this ad!