View Single Post
Old 02-22-2009, 11:30 AM   #9
stedmansmommy
I Love My Lil' Punkin's
Donating Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by Wylie's Mom View Post
Oh no...Tate is worrying her Mama again, that little stinker. Sometimes, ringworm can cause hairloss; and while most ringworm always starts in a "ring" in human, that's less common in dogs - where "patches" can occur instead. Thyroid maybe? I'm pretty sure you tested that before though, right? Malabsorption can also cause hair loss, but you'd often see weight loss too...but maybe not right away. Any meds that she's on that could cause this?

I mean, it could be other skin issues as well - so I wonder if you should have skin scraping and fungal culture. Has her itching gotten worse at all?

Oh, Brooke, I feel so bad for you - I know you don't need another Tate issue on your hands to worry about !
Thanks so much Ann...yes she is! I telly you my little girl has it ALL Sigh.

Well I guess it's a good thing that it isn't falling out in patches! I had wondered before if she could have Hypothyroidism, but I asked about it here (not sure if you remember that thread or not?) because Tate is so darn chubby lol...but everyone told me that hair loss is a big symptom of it - and back then, she had absolutely no hair loss what so ever. I never had a test done, but now that she is shedding, I think I am going to. She hasn't lost any weight that I know of (although she needs too! of course I don't want her to lose weight due to her having a HEALTH problem though ). The only medication that she is on now is Hydroxyzine (for allergies/itching). She has been on this for a really long time though. And of course she gets Cosequin every day, but I don't think THAT would cause hair loss?? I will definitely look into having a Thyroid test done and also a skin scraping. Maybe that will give me some answers Her itching hasn't gotten worse, and really the only place she ever itches on her body is around her nose/mouth area - and her ears (she gets re-occurring ear infections because of her allergies) - but I always get those under control with meds.

I wish for once she could have NOTHING wrong - that is all I ask for! My little girl has been through the ringer and back

P.S. - I stopped the Grizzly Salmon Oil, and now I can't even remember why I stopped it (isn't that pathetic? LOL) - wonder if I should start giving this again?

Also, I was giving her Solid Gold Seameal - but I stopped this after a short while because I think it made her itch more - I don't guess this could have caused her to lose hair?

They have us wrapped around their little paws!
stedmansmommy is offline   Reply With Quote
Welcome Guest!
Not Registered?

Join today and remove this ad!