View Single Post
Old 02-22-2009, 11:09 AM   #1
gnwolford
YorkieTalk Newbie!

Animal Smiley 019 Leg Perthes Disease...(My girl Chloie)

Hello to all:

Could anyone comment on Leg Perthes disease.

My "Yorkie" (Chloie) was diagnosed with Leg Perthes In October/08, the disease was first noticed on September/08, when she first started limping (right hind leg). She was 9 months old at the first indication of her limping. She is 14 months old at present and weighs 5 pounds. She had corrective surgery, end November/08 and came through with no complications.

This is her 4th month into healing and there is a marked improvement in both her walking and running. However, when she asks to go outside on cold days to relieve herself, I've noticed that she favours her right hind leg and lifts it from the ground. When she finishes her business, she runs up the stairs and into the house. When inside, she is fine and plants this same leg firmly on the ground.

My question is how long will it be before she fully heals, or will she always at times favour this leg.

An and all comments would be greatfully appreciated.

My prayers go out daily, to all those with sick yorkies, as well, as to all those, who have lost their best friends. I've experienced both. Getting another "Yorkie" has always eased the pain and discomfort.

Sincerest Thanks,

Gary
gnwolford is offline   Reply With Quote
Welcome Guest!
Not Registered?

Join today and remove this ad!