View Single Post
Old 02-22-2009, 10:46 AM   #6
stedmansmommy
I Love My Lil' Punkin's
Donating Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by chestermama View Post
Chester done this several years ago, does your dog have allergies to something, how often do you bathe her, what kind of shampoo. Chester gets salmon oil on his food every night very good for the skin and coat and allergies. I also use all soap with no perfumes and dyes and same with the bounce dryer sheets especially if she sleeps with you. I dont bathe chester any more often that I have too. I have to use tearless shampoo and I have to rinse him really well. What kind of food is she eating and the ingredients,does she have dandruff, you can brush her to get the oil glands going again.
Hi Yes Tatum does indeed have allergies. I don't bathe her nearly as much as I used to because of the allergies. I don't really have a "set" time to bathe her anymore...just whenever I feel she needs a bath, LOL. I used to bathe her every single week, but I don't do that anymore because of her allergies. The only shampoos I ever use on her are Doc Ackerman's Natural Herbal Colloidal Oatmeal Shampoo, EarthBath Oatmeal Shampoo and MinkSheen - although it HAD been a while since I used the MinkSheen on her, but I did use it when I bathed her last night. In the past I have bathed her with it many times before though. Also, she is eating Natural Balance Small Bites Potato & Duck Allergy Formula...but she has been on this for a long time now. She does have dandruff/dry skin - but it's not as bad as it used to be in the past. Her hair is shorter now (she was in full coat about 4 months ago) so I don't brush her as much as I used to because there just isn't near as much to brush, lol...but I will definitely start brushing her again every single day, or maybe even twice a day. She actually likes being brushed, so it will be an easy thing for me to do

They have us wrapped around their little paws!

Last edited by stedmansmommy; 02-22-2009 at 10:50 AM.
stedmansmommy is offline   Reply With Quote
Welcome Guest!
Not Registered?

Join today and remove this ad!