Thread: A few problems
View Single Post
Old 02-22-2009, 08:10 AM   #1
goddess77
Yorkie Talker

Default A few problems

Hi, I have an angel of a yorkie... for the most part. We have a few problems that still haven't been resolved from training, and I wanted to see if any of you had any input.

problem #1) She bites my hands when sleepy. That's the only time she starts biting. I try to put her up when she starts biting to let her know that's not acceptable, but sometimes (based on when I get home from work) that means she's only out and running free for a very short amount of time. I tried everything I have read, like popping her on the nose, holding her mouth shut, or yelping, but nothing deters her.

problem #2) she's going potty in the wrong areas. We are litter box training her, and she was doing very well with that. She won't pee in the litter box, but will poop. She pees on a potty pad right in front of the litter box. The problem is, lately, she hasn't been peeing on the pad. Sometimes she will go right in front of the pad, and sometimes right next to it. This only happens when I'm at home though. She has very few accidents when she's at home during the day. I give her a treat when she goes in the right places, but won't if she doesn't.

Problem #3) she's very possessive of her things (and my things). If you pick something of hers up, she will immediately try to take it out of your hands. She's not very aggressive about it as she doesn't attack you, she just will try to get it. I think it's a game to her.

problem #4) I somehow messed up and allowed her to be the pack leader. How do I change that?

I want to get her a playmate so that she's not as bored during the day, but I want to fix these problems before I do. Especially problem #3, since she will have to share, or I would have to make sure that she doesn't take puppy #2's stuff away from it. I also don't want to negatively influence puppy #2.
goddess77 is offline   Reply With Quote
Welcome Guest!
Not Registered?

Join today and remove this ad!