View Single Post
Old 02-22-2009, 07:54 AM   #10
Nikki+2
I heart Sugar
Donating Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by Wylie's Mom View Post
I'm a pescetarian (sometimes spelled pescatarian) - so I eat fish, but no meat. Maybe if he's not ready for vegitarianism yet, he could go pesce for a while, then veg? There are so many great non-meat dealios out there now, it's really easy. Make sure you check out Quorn - omg - DELICIOUS!
It does make it much easier to eat out if you eat seafood. I've only recently stopped eating seafood and where I live that pretty much limits your options in restaurants to pasta. No problem for a 14 year old but a pain for me, a 36 year old who no longer has the option to eat all the pasta I want and still fit into my jeans.
I loudly second Ann's recommendation of Quorn products- they are awesome!

Quote:
Originally Posted by chloesMama View Post
Thanks

He is moving slowly , he will still eat fish and maybe chicken ( like me) while he takes the time to read and decide what actually he wants to do. I was of course in overprotective mom mode and worried about him not eating enough

But he is smart , so I know he will take his time and make a well thought out decision. I have always been proud of his decision making skills ( even if I wasn't happy with the eventual decision ) so I Know he will think things through before he dives in.
I understand this 100%! My daughter stopped eating meat a year before I did and I went into panic mode trying to figure out what to cook for her and worried myself senseless over her getting the nutrition she needed. Now I think she eats much healthier than when she ate meat but in the beginning before I learned about it, it did seem scary. You sound like you have a really smart son.

Quote:
Originally Posted by chloesMama View Post
I just noticed I spelled vegetarian wrong in the title

Thank you veguroev..... I figured this would be a good place to ask seeing as none of my friends are vegetarians and couldn't really give me any insight. We have always had a healthy diet , his motivation seems more because of his love of animals ( it's like he just figured out he was actually eating them ) I'm not sure what his final decision will be about all this , but whatever it is , it will be his decision.

Yeah , we are finding out that some are not to supportive of his eating this way ( I don't know why they have a problem with it , it's not like he is taking away their meat ) But they just HAVE to say something and more often than not it's half truths and scare tactics ( all vegetarians are unhealthy seems to be a big one they love to say) I can't understand why they care what he eats ( or doesn't eat) as long as he is healthy.

It really is funny how much not eating meat seems to almost offend some and how many people feel like they need to voice their own opinion. If your son ever wants to talk to someone who totally understands I'm sure my daughter would be happy to talk with him about it via PM on our accounts.
Not Registered?

Join today and remove this ad!