View Single Post
Old 02-21-2009, 02:10 PM   #15
TLC
Slave to My Rug-Rats
Donating Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by cley View Post
I never really thought that she was feeling yukie thats why she wouldn't eat. I've been trying to leave food out for her all the time because I want her to eat. Maybe I'll just take it up and offer it only when she's being feed and soak the l/d and see how that works out.
Yes, this is why she isn't eating. Here's some more suggestions. First you have to look at the day and split it all up. In the beginning it's gonna be tough, b/c you need to jump start her eating and figure out how much food and lactulose is the 'right' amount for her.

I suggest you get these two supplements:
Hepato Support

Vetri-DMG

For the first time ordering, I would call and order on the phone. Tell them her LS and tell them her weight, they will tell you how much she should get.

Once you get those supplements to aid her liver, you can give her a little Pedisure (with the supplements mixed in) syringed for her first AM meal. Then approx. 2 hrs. later, try to get her to eat a few kibbles, either soaked in water, or coated with the L/D wet or a little cottage cheese or goat cheese. Then 2 hrs. later give her about 4 little pieces of apple (no skin). Then 2 hrs. later try a few more pieces of kibble. Then 2 hrs. later try a few pieces of watermelon. Then 2 hrs. later a few more pieces of kibble. Then 2 hrs. later a few small pieces of romaine lettuce. Then 2 hrs. later more kibble.

Of course this schedule isn't set in stone, but you should be aiming for something like that
Welcome Guest!
Not Registered?

Join today and remove this ad!