View Single Post
Old 02-21-2009, 08:05 AM   #1
Mweasel
Yorkie Talker

Default Does my dog have kennel cough? Help.

Hello everyone, I just read another post on kennel cough so I came here to look for answers to my baby's horrible "snorting, runny nose, weird breathing problems". It all just started one day and when it happens he has a runny nose, he makes awful snorting noises as he's breathing in and it just sounds awful. He's having a hard time breathing. He is around 9 to 10 years old but he has always been at home. I have three other inside dogs but he is the only one with this problem. I've taken him to the vet three or four times and each time he's had some antibiotics and some breathing medicine and has gotten better for a week or so then it starts back up again. It's weird - when I take him out of the house all of the symptoms stop. He never does the snorting at the vets - ever - except that one time I was smoking while holding him cause I wanted the vet to hear what he does, Lol - I know, I'm awful but I was at my wits end and needed the vet to see what he was doing.

My house is VERY dusty. I live in a little lake cabin with NO insulation and the dust gathers in giant balls behind EVERYTHING. I used to be diligent about cleaning it but the more I dust the worse he gets. Also after I smoke and he licks my face that will set him off too. The other morning he started up and the only thing I could think of is that it was cold outside. I don't know what to do anymore. Dust, Cold, cigarette smoke all seem to be a catalyst. My house is also very cold and damp. Could it be kennel cough? I don't take him outside because he's allergic to EVERYTHING - literally. The grass makes him choke down and he gets this awful rash and it's much worse when he eats the grass which he always tries to do. He loves outside but every time I've ever taken him out he has had to get a shot from the vet.

Any help would be much appreciated. Could this be kennel cough? Allergies? Some weird yorkie disease - the poor things seem like they have more problems than your average mut. It's driving me crazy, he's getting old and I fret about losing him to this. He's my best friend and I can't imagine my world without him. Any help would be very much appreciated. Thank you all.
Mweasel is offline   Reply With Quote
Welcome Guest!
Not Registered?

Join today and remove this ad!