View Single Post
Old 02-21-2009, 07:52 AM   #11
Morkie4
Donating YT 4000 Club Member

I have all four of mine microchipped!! And I also wear the yellow tag from the company on their collars or harnesses when we travel or leave the house for errands. Also attached is the license required by law and also a lightweight tag with home information and ph numbers. Now let me tell you why I had them microchipped.

We travelled a long distance to pick up our last little addition and on the way back we had a very bad accident. We had all the fluffs with us in the car but thankfully we were not hurt badly and all the fluffs were fine BUT it made me start thinking. "What If".........we were unconcience and some good Samaritan came to see if we were alright or render aid to us. The dogs might bolt when the door is opened, the tags could come off, collars could come off, etc. and they would be lost but with the microchip, I have more hope that someone would find them and they would be returned to me. I know the chances of an accident are there when we travel and so I just feel a bit extra secure knowing they have my information on the microchip and have a better chance of being returned to me. JMHO
Welcome Guest!
Not Registered?

Join today and remove this ad!