View Single Post
Old 02-21-2009, 07:51 AM   #2
C C Kent
YT Addict

Quote:
Originally Posted by jeanm1963 View Post
I am going to see what I hope to be my new baby girl. She is 10 weeks old, parents are in the home, comes with first two sets of shots, 1 year health gaurentee, no papers she said they are pets not show dogs, although she said she has the papers for her two dogs if I want to see them. I can't have her for another 2 weeks as she wont release the puppies until they are 12 weeks old.I dont think Ive been so excited in a long time. I was honeslty hoping to rescue a dog in need but since I REALLY tried and failed to find one in my area I think its okay to get a puppy. Is there anything I should look for in the house and any specific questions anyone recommends? She told me she has been doing this for years so Im so excited to see her and my little girl cant wait to see her!!
What to look for?
What is the most imporant questions to ask?
Is 950.00 a reasonable price with out papers?
Don't put your blinders on before you get there. Ask to see the AKC paper on the adults as soon as you get there, watch the reaction you get and pay attention to how long it takes her to produce the paper. If she is offended you can assume that there is more to her not papering the puppy than she has stated. It may be that she is breaking a no-breed contract on one of the dogs, or that her registration privileges have been revoked. It may be that she just doesn't want to go to the trouble. Either way if you think she isn't being honest about this I would walk away. It will be very difficult to walk away once you have held the puppy. You should have a right to return the puppy within a few days if she doesn't pass your vet's exam.

$950 is a lot for an un-papered puppy.
Not Registered?

Join today and remove this ad!