View Single Post
Old 02-21-2009, 07:44 AM   #10
Nancy1999
I ♥ Joey & Ralphie!
Donating Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by carmen in nj View Post
My pups have a bright yellow tag in their collar that says they are microchiped.... it came from the microchiped company.
hugs,
cArmen in nj
You know I've often wondered if you should advertise the fact that the dog was microchipped. Let's say the dog ran away, and someone decided to keep it. It seems like it would be easier for the person to get away with it if he knew the dog was chipped. He could avoid vets that would scan for the chip for example. I'm not sure if all vets do this automatically. I know you don't want to put the actual microchip number on the tag because they could just call the company and say that the dog has been sold, if they have the number.

To the OP, I have read about a case recently where a dog was injured and bled to death during the procedure, it was a freak thing, and the dog wasn't sedated at the time, and it could be the dog flinched when the chip was injected causing it to hit an artery. I haven't heard of any problems when the dog is sedated. Joey is chipped, and I feel a little safer, his chip number is registered with the AKC as part of their lifetime lost and found protection, as well as the chip company, so I feel like we have a duel safety measure if he should ever be lost.

Last edited by Nancy1999; 02-21-2009 at 07:46 AM.
Nancy1999 is offline   Reply With Quote
Welcome Guest!
Not Registered?

Join today and remove this ad!