View Single Post
Old 02-21-2009, 12:18 AM   #1
NakedPetals
Yorkie Talker

Unlove 10 week old Yorkie Pup Roadtrip worry!!! PLEASE HELP!!!!!

Hey everyone, this is my first thread.

Two days a go I just got my baby boy yorkie, he's almost 11 weeks. I got him from a 4 hour drive there and 4 hours drive back. The whole trip went perfectly fine.

Today, my partner and I had to travel 6-7 hours away from our city to pick up his new car, no one was avalible to take care of my baby boy and I didn't think leaving him at home by himself especially on his 3rd day with us was a very good idea.

So I did some internet surfing the night before and read in many websites that it was okay to take a 10 week old puppy on a road trip. But I just needed to be prepared. I was prepared. I had everything in our car with us to make him feel comfortable. He didn't want to sleep on his dog bed so he kept crawling on my lap which was fine by me.

He slept most of the way there and back.

He did drink and eat a little until I started feeding him from my hand.

My concern is I let him outside on the concrete and he went toilet (pee pee) ONCE.

Every pit stop (5 to be precise) I let him outside on the concrete to do his business but he never did... He was so shocked by the outside enviorment with the cars travelling by he didn't want to stand out on the concrete for too long.

Also when we were in a small town a dog came by and they just sniffed at eachother, barely even touched eachother.

Every now and then he would stick his tongue out and breath heavily, I assume he was thirsty but he never drank the water I offered him. Why do dogs stick their tongue out and breath heavily like as if they've just come back from a long run, but mine did it when he would wake up every now and then. Mind you the weather was pretty hot and we had the windows right down for the wind to blow in his face.

We got home from the long trip (15 hours in total) and I had totally forgotten that he wasn't allowed on the grass but I had put him down for 2 mins and he was sniffing at the mud so I picked him up striaght away.

He ate and drank plenty of water and also played until he fell asleep recently.

I just found out that puppies with only ONE vaccination is not allowed out of the house.

I am really worried that something will happen to him in the next couple of days...

Can someone please reassure me or is there anything like signs or behaviors I should keep my eye out on right now.

He is the cutest little thing ever and has bought so much joy in my life. I really don't want to be losing him just yet.

Please please please help me.
NakedPetals is offline   Reply With Quote
Welcome Guest!
Not Registered?

Join today and remove this ad!