Thread: walking
View Single Post
Old 02-20-2009, 11:14 PM   #7
lemonlauren
YT Addict

The only time Nikko ever plants his feet and refuses to walk is if the ground is wet or we're on a surface that he isn't used to and needs some time to get comfortable with. Other than that though, he's slowly and with much practice starting to get really good at walking on-leash with me! I just make sure to square my shoulders and start walking like I'm the boss of the world, and he should WANT to follow me, and generally he does (unless there's something really exciting going on, like someone outside watering their bushes, lol).

He's close to 6mo old, 5lbs, and the longest walk we've ever been on was a little over an hour at a very brisk pace. *I* was worn out, but he acted like he could've kept going for another hour. But he's one of those stubborn little furkids who will never admit to getting tired... When he starts to get sleepy when we're hanging out indoors, he'll start being bad and chewing on stuff he's not supposed to instead of just laying down somewhere comfy!

These little guys have truly amazing stubborn streaks that come along with those vibrant personalities we love so much.

Lauren & Nikko
lemonlauren is offline   Reply With Quote
Welcome Guest!
Not Registered?

Join today and remove this ad!