Thread: Pinch Collars
View Single Post
Old 02-20-2009, 04:52 PM   #9
Lexismom09
Senior Yorkie Talker

Quote:
Originally Posted by chattiesmom View Post
This is my personal opinion and isn't meant to offend, but I wouldn't continue with a training class where the trainer dictates what type of equipment to use across the board without taking individual needs into consideration.

I had Chizziewink in a basic obedience class where the trainer recommended pinch collars. I told her that I would prefer to use a harness and she replied -- "Chizzie is your dog and I won't dictate to you what collar to use. You may have to work harder to get the same results, but it can be done." I really loved her approach to training - she trains high level agility as well as basic obedience and her dogs have won tons of events.

Unfortunately Chizzie and I had to drop out of class after 3 weeks because I got really sick and couldn't continue.
I am not at all offended, I posted looking for opinions because it concerns me. This training school does only that. It is not at the pet store, or pet smart. So I do want to trust they know what they are doing, but it is my baby and just like with my kids, I will always be their advocate. I will approach them about another collar. Maybe I am not asking them the right questions, I will do that, I should do that. Thanks again, for helping me think things thru.
Lexismom09 is offline   Reply With Quote
Welcome Guest!
Not Registered?

Join today and remove this ad!