Thread: Pinch Collars
View Single Post
Old 02-20-2009, 02:08 PM   #2
Morkie4
Donating YT 4000 Club Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by Lexismom09 View Post
Lexi just finished puppy kindergarten. She is quite a puller on her leash.
The Training school uses pinch collars and was willing to order one for us. I searched your forums and found most of you are against these collars.
Our training center has vets on staff and one of our trainers is also our vet tech. They do not let us use harnesses. They will not let us use chokes. They are saying the pinch is safest when used correctly and regular collars can cause more trach damage on a puller.
I am so confused!
I am sure you will get mixed comments about the pinch collar. Toby is only eight pounds but as his trainer said: He had the Nepolean Complex

Toby was very aggressive with other dogs regardless of their size. We worked with a gentle leader for the first 14 weeks and he was still having aggression episodes. She put the pinch collar on him and his whole attitude changed! I never pulled enough to hurt him and I tried it on my own wrist and pulled and it was not painful at all. Of course Toby being in full coat, the hair was a real pain in putting the collar off and on but by the end of the first day of wearing the collar, he was a changed dog. He went through the last obedience class of eight weeks not even wearing a leash and I was able to leave him in a room with "big" dogs and he never broke his command to sit/stay/down. AND no more aggressiive action towards other dogs. He just laid there between a huge German Shepherd and a Dobie on the other side, never making any aggressive moves or looks at them. So while some may not agree, the pinch collar gave my Toby (whom I absolutely love and adore) the attitude adjustment he needed. JMHO

Last edited by Morkie4; 02-20-2009 at 02:10 PM.
Morkie4 is offline   Reply With Quote
Welcome Guest!
Not Registered?

Join today and remove this ad!