View Single Post
Old 02-20-2009, 01:54 PM   #9
Nancy1999
I ♥ Joey & Ralphie!
Donating Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by Yorkiedaze View Post
But they don't regulate the things brought into our country and I don't think that is good. How many times have we found an item that made our pets or humans sick that came from china. And yes, the government makes a lot of money from these countries.
I think they do regulate things from other countries. If you remember, the products made in China were authorized the Mattel Company, and Mattel actually made the mistake of not pointing out that unleaded paint needed to be used. China met all Mattel's specifications, but they weren't thorough enough. Our government had already specified that unleaded paint should be used in all toys. So in that case, Mattel was responsible, however, some people think that any fool would have know you don’t use leaded paint in children's toys, and why didn't China catch that? For me, I feel like until China proves it double checks everything, I don't want to purchase products that could have health risks, but we don't always know when manufacturers from this country import key ingredients from China; and that's scary.

Join today and remove this ad!