View Single Post
Old 02-20-2009, 01:20 AM   #5
michiko
The Yorkie Sitter
Donating Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by jeanm1963 View Post
HI Everyone my name is Jeannie, I am from Weymouth Massachusetts.
Last year I was diagnosed with cancer, I am finished with my treatments and all looks good as of today I am cancer free, my chemo and radiation has left some after effects and I wont be working for a while, my girls 13,22,25 all have thier own things to do and are busy with thier own schedules, so being home is sometimes depressing and very lonely!! My Dr suggested a pet, I was so excited at the thought of companionship.Dont get me wrong my kids are wonderful and I want them to all keep busy and do thier own thing, but even they were excitied at the thought of a new pet for me. I need a very small dog my hips are a bit sore from the radiation so I needed a dog that wouldnt pull on a leash, and that weighed very little, after doing some research on the computer I thought a yorkie would be perfect infact some articles said they are wonderful for people who are sickly. Soo anyway I have looked at all the local shelters, contacted yorkie rescue in Taunton Ma, look on petfinder everyday. I was hoping to rescue a dog in need, maybe one a breeder was going to retire, or someone that needed to rehome a pet, I am certainly willing to pay an adoption fee. I thought this would be helpful to both myself and a dog!! Anyways if anyone has any suggestions at all I would appreciate any advice I can promise that I can give a dog/puppy a wonderful forever home with lots of love and companionship!!
I just sent you an PM. I am glad that you contacted Yorkie Inc. YT member Tae 1107 is a wonderful person who is part of yorkie inc. In terms of yorkies pulling the leash is more about the training. So no matter what size the dogs are... depends on the training some will do and some won't. There are also yorkie meet-up in a few places in Greater Boston area.... Tae 1107 might know more as I haven't been to one for long time. She is very resourceful so I suggest that you pm her as well. If you have contacted her, sorry for the repeats.

I also suggest that you explore a little bit further from the area too. I will also try to keep eyes on any available yorkies.
Welcome Guest!
Not Registered?

Join today and remove this ad!