View Single Post
Old 02-19-2009, 09:12 PM   #30
TOY
Donating YT 500 Club Member

Sarah, I don't even have my Yorkie yet but I have been doing alot of reading the past few months in preparation of the "blessed" event.

Your mention of popsicles brought to mind some molds I bought to make dogsicles for our Yorkie. It could be ice but the recipe I saw with the mold involved chicken broth and in one picture they had even placed kibble in it while it was firming up so that it was suspended in the chicken broth ice.

The mold is in the shape of a bone, too, which gives it the cute factor. However, I was interested in a treat on those hot days of summer and to use when she is teething. Again, I have no personal experience with this yet but I intend to quite soon.

Also, I don't know if Schwan's still has their dogzerts in stock but they resemble ice cream which should tempt your Yorkie but they are actually made of liver. Again, I haven't tried them but thought they looked interesting when I saw them.

Another thing that the Yorkies on here seem to love are the Yorkie Yummies made by chattiesmom. I've read many good reviews of them and have already stocked the treat pantry with these treats. I won't presume to try to tell you what they are maxe of but I do remember eggs and meat. The point is though that they are natural, healthy ingredients.

Now, if I may offer a suggestion that is nothing less than pure old meddling... Since she is getting so familiar with the vet staff, why not consider asking them if they could board her for a day or so while you attend your brother's wedding? I understand your need to be with her but those who are not as involved with Yorkies may not understand and your absence could begin a less than perfect relationship with the new sister-in-law.

I only offer this idea as a possibility that could work and you wouldn't have to feel that you've abandoned her since the staff seems so taken with her. Think about it, pray about it, and reach peace about whatever you decide. The stress is not good for you and you already have enough stress dealing with her health.

I wish you peaceful sleep and a healthy Yorkie,
TOY

Last edited by TOY; 02-19-2009 at 09:16 PM. Reason: Edited to correct spelling errors
TOY is offline   Reply With Quote
Welcome Guest!
Not Registered?

Join today and remove this ad!