View Single Post
Old 02-19-2009, 07:57 PM   #26
Cheryl1022
Senior Yorkie Talker

Love our prayers r with you

I know what you are going through since my little guy has been in and out of the hospital since Christmas...it all started with throwing up for a few hours then Theo went into a seizure as we rushed him to the vet...he also thought it was an obstruction and told us if he could stabilize him we would have to rush to a hospital that was about 45 minutes away as fast as we could...after two hours he was ready to be transported and once again he had another seizure on the way to the hospital...up to this he had never one before and it was so scary...for 3 nights they didn't think he was going to make it but he pulled through..unlike my vet they believed he has a liver problem and after a week released him to us to get him strong enough to undergo more test...The last one confirmed liver problems and at this point we decided that we would not put him through anymore painful test since it is making him a nervous wreck...it took forever to draw blood last week and I couldn't take the painful look in his eyes any longer...with much thought and prayer we have decidd to keep him on medicine and a special diet for liver problems and see what happens... But the strange thing was that liver problems did not show up in his first round of blood work and not until he had a bile acid test did it show up...so it could be one shunt, many shunts or even liver disease but no matter the out come is the same...I can only tell you to keep asking for everyone you know to pray from your little Violet and give her all the love and support...it is all in Gods hands...I never thought a little tiny fur ball could tear my heart into pieces so much but I do love him as much as I love my kids and I know he will pull through all of this...at least he is running around again and having fun...even if he has to take medication twice a day and only get Hills Science Diet L/D food for his liver problems...I sometimes think these vets have no clue what they are doing because if it was up to some of them they only want to find out the medical reason you baby is sick and they forget about all the pain and suffering they go through with all these test...You may want to try a pure pumpkin in the can with small amounts of chicken in your blender...it really helps settle their stomachs...also chamimile tea helps too....just keep the dosages low since these guys r so little...pure chicken can be too much for these guys too since they don't do well with high protein diets... my prayers are with you and please let us know how she is doing... God Bless...
Cheryl1022 is offline   Reply With Quote
Welcome Guest!
Not Registered?

Join today and remove this ad!