View Single Post
Old 02-19-2009, 02:06 PM   #1
Teiya
Currently Suspended!

Default Lots of questions!

Just a few days ago, I adopted a precious little girl named Teiya.

Teiya (pronounced Tay-Ah) is 1.5 years old and approximately 3.5lbs. She's fit in beautifully with my family, and as you can imagine, is already spoiled rotten. Yesterday, we went on a huge shopping spree and I bought her nearly everything in sight.

My questions:
Teiya seems a little underweight. I can feel her spine and hip bones a little too well for my liking. Her previous owner was feeding her Pedigree, but I prefer Solid Gold. I'm weaning her slowly from one food to the other to keep her tummy from getting upset. She doesn't eat much, or often. Is there anything I can cook for her to fatten her up a little? I gave her scrambled eggs yesterday with a teaspoon of flaxseed oil and she inhaled it in less than 30 seconds. I was just worried because she hadn't eaten anything.

She has knots around her face. What's the best way to work these out? I have a detangling spray and a mat breaking comb, but her patience is thin with me working on them. I don't want to hurt her, but I'd rather not cut them away if I don't have to.

She's intact. I've never had an intact animal before but she's SO small that I worry about spaying her. I don't intend to breed her, so spaying seems responsible, as well as beneficial to her health. Any advice on that?

She's got a scratch on her nose. Not a deep one, but one that looks like she got into something she shouldn't have. Can I put neosporin on it?

I have A LOT to learn about Yorkies. I've always had westies and was deeply involved in westie rescue for 5 years. Yorkies are a whole new world to me, but so far I'm loving every second!
Teiya is offline   Reply With Quote
Welcome Guest!
Not Registered?

Join today and remove this ad!