Thread: Untrainable?
View Single Post
Old 02-19-2009, 12:09 PM   #43
cpuff35
Donating YT Addict

I know how difficult it is to train these little furbutts...but don't give up just yet...there is still hope!!! I've tried the crate training method and just felt really bad keeping them confined in such small spaces. Anyhow, Cassi is ~98% potty trained (she's now a little over 1 yrs old). I've pretty much kept her confined in the bathroom with the pee-pad litterally placed in front of the door-way where I keep the gate up. Once she did her business I would take the gate away and let her roam the hallway or bathroom w/ of course watching her like a hawk. So after 2-3 hours, I would put her on her pee-pad again to see if she would potty. If not, she goes back in the bathroom w/ the gate up until she goes potty. Once she does her business, the gate goes down and she can roam the bathroom/hallway again.

The key thing is to limit their amount of space to a small area. So basically, Cassi wasn't allow to walk/roam around our living room..bedroom..etc. until I felt comfortable that she got the hang that she should only potty in the bathroom on her pee-pad. It really helped. Now, I'm potty training our 2nd furbutt who is now 5 months old. He's been pretty good so far, but of course has had a few miss. I'm hoping in another month or two, he'll be about 80% potty trained and then by 1 year 98% potty trained. My goal is to have them 100% potty trained by the time their 1.5 yrs old.

Orion
cpuff35 is offline   Reply With Quote
Welcome Guest!
Not Registered?

Join today and remove this ad!