View Single Post
Old 02-19-2009, 07:39 AM   #1
jeanm1963
Donating YT 500 Club Member

Default Help Me Find a Yorkie

HI Everyone my name is Jeannie, I am from Weymouth Massachusetts.
Last year I was diagnosed with cancer, I am finished with my treatments and all looks good as of today I am cancer free, my chemo and radiation has left some after effects and I wont be working for a while, my girls 13,22,25 all have thier own things to do and are busy with thier own schedules, so being home is sometimes depressing and very lonely!! My Dr suggested a pet, I was so excited at the thought of companionship.Dont get me wrong my kids are wonderful and I want them to all keep busy and do thier own thing, but even they were excitied at the thought of a new pet for me. I need a very small dog my hips are a bit sore from the radiation so I needed a dog that wouldnt pull on a leash, and that weighed very little, after doing some research on the computer I thought a yorkie would be perfect infact some articles said they are wonderful for people who are sickly. Soo anyway I have looked at all the local shelters, contacted yorkie rescue in Taunton Ma, look on petfinder everyday. I was hoping to rescue a dog in need, maybe one a breeder was going to retire, or someone that needed to rehome a pet, I am certainly willing to pay an adoption fee. I thought this would be helpful to both myself and a dog!! Anyways if anyone has any suggestions at all I would appreciate any advice I can promise that I can give a dog/puppy a wonderful forever home with lots of love and companionship!!
jeanm1963 is offline   Reply With Quote
Welcome Guest!
Not Registered?

Join today and remove this ad!