View Single Post
Old 02-18-2009, 05:53 PM   #21
wemple2
Wee Winston Wiggles
Donating Member

I have to agree with the others regarding the tests needed. I don't know anything about pet insurance, but this Pet Plan sounds good.
I'm leaning towards hypoglycemia...I probably would have taken your baby to the vet during the episode for a simple glucose test... it's very reasonably priced...my vet only charges $8.00, and they have an instant result. Do get the bile acid test, as well as a chemistry/profile and a CBC (complete blood count). I hope your little one is doing alright, and hopefully will be just fine. How much does it weigh? Make sure you are feeding frequent small meals...to help keep the sugar levels up.
Also, I agree, a true seizure will not last 15 minutes or more, that is one of the main reasons I do not think my yorkie...Winston has epileptic seizures. His seems to be from low blood sugar, why I don't know...he is not tiny and has never been tiny. NutriCal always brings him out of it, but it does take about 15 minutes for him to actually be able to get up and stand on his own and walk. Afterwards, he's just kind of tired.
Thoughts and prayers go out to you and your puppy...may all be well...and stay well.
Welcome Guest!
Not Registered?

Join today and remove this ad!