View Single Post
Old 02-18-2009, 02:45 PM   #13
Godislove
Senior Yorkie Talker

Quote:
Originally Posted by Alexander123 View Post
Hello,
how is your puppy doing?
An informal welcome to Yorkie Talk!!! (I peeked at your page)

Thank you for asking. Right now, temporarilly okay. I am giving him some benedryl every 12 hours and it has kept him from scratching.

I talked with a holistic vet and we are going to try a shampoo called Calm and as one other member suggested, buying fresh frozen raw food.

There are so many things that can cause allergies and scratching. We can only address one or two at a time. Or hope he outgrows it. So many things to know and learn. Like not to feed him from a plastic dish, not feed him processed food, and food in plastic bags. Plastic can put out a chemical that can be harmful. That's why they tell us not to microwave things in a plastic bowl or container.

As explained by the Vet's assistant, dry and canned foods are processed. It can upset delicate tummy's. It would be like us eating only cereal every day. A lot of the additives in these foods are unnessecary or harmful.

Meanwhile, I am treating him for dry itchy skin. I have an appointment with my new Vet next week. By then we will know if the new shampoo and food are helping. As well as the Omega 3 and flaxseed oil I put in his food. I am allowing him to free drink bottled SPRING water for hydration reasons. He's potty trained so I don't have to worry about how much water I give him.

Your baby is precious! I love the three-four weekish look they have. Not that it matters, just curious. Are you male or female. Your name wasn't on the page.

Again, thanks for your concern. That was caring and thoughtful.

Patti
Godislove is offline   Reply With Quote
Welcome Guest!
Not Registered?

Join today and remove this ad!