View Single Post
Old 02-18-2009, 02:31 PM   #2
Nancy1999
I ♥ Joey & Ralphie!
Donating Member

Lol, I see you only want advice from those with fully trained Yorkies, so you might not get much. Seriously, it sounds like you have a good plan, Joey was kept in a playpen when I couldn't watch him and I think he was paper trained with the breeder because he seemed to just go for the pee pads. However out of the play pen it was a different story, and he didn't seem to want to seek out the pad, but I could tell by his little circling behavior that he was looking for a place, and that's when I would place him on the pad. Puppies are like toddlers, and you have to keep your eyes on them when they are out of the pen, this doesn't mean watching TV and keeping an eye on them, this means keeping both eyes on them. Joey had an easier time learning to use the pad on the wood floor than in rooms where there was carpet. He slept in a little kennel till he was trained, and I would wake up every couple of hours and put him on the pad. I think the kennel is easiest to train with, and he caught on fairly fast that the pads were where to go. We were duel training him for a while and placing him outside in the morning and at night, so he goes outside as well, when he want to. I think this site has some very good tips for housebreaking your dog, and you can do it several ways, crate training or no crate, indoor or pee pad, and it comes up with a plan for you. Housebreaking vs Paper Training and Other Indoor Potty Training Methods. Here's the method for indoor potty training. Indoor Potty Training - Papers, Pee Pads, Litter Boxes and more

Join today and remove this ad!