View Single Post
Old 02-18-2009, 01:42 PM   #1
myjordash
YT Addict

Default When is the earliest you have weaned pups to food?

The pups are about 3 1/2 weeks old....problem....there are 7 of them. The Mom has done awsome thus far, but doesn't seem to want to sit still long enough for all 7 pups to be satisfied....they are a good size now, and they don't seem to be satisfied by the few minutes she jumps in there and jumps out. We started noticing the pups crying more, so we gave them some soaked soggy kibble, and they all gulped it up. Now my question is, if I leave the soaked kibble out, the Mom eats it all, I am not sure though if they are old enough for me to separate the Mom from the pups while we are out and at night, so that I can leave the soaked kibble in with the pups?!?!?!? We aren't gone for more than a couple of hours or so, but today I went to check on them, and they were crying. Mom had no interest of jumping in, so I put down some soaked kibble and they went after it. Are the pups old enough now for me to keep Mom separated from the pups so I can leave food available to them during the day (for a few hours) and at night? Obviously when I am HOME, which is for all except 4 hours during the day, the Mom will have the ability to come and go with the pups as she pleases....I am just more concerened if we are gone for a few hours during the day and at night.

TIA

Audrey
myjordash is offline   Reply With Quote
Welcome Guest!
Not Registered?

Join today and remove this ad!