View Single Post
Old 02-18-2009, 05:49 AM   #1
OliversMom
Donating Senior Yorkie Talker

Default FUNDRAISING FOR RESCUED YORKIES AT HUMANE SOCIETY OF MO -- Can you help?

NEW YORKIE BOOK FOR SALE - PROCEEDS TO HUMANE SOCIETY OF MO

Like everyone else who has posted here, I am shocked, horrified and angered by the plight of the 93 Yorkies taken from the southeast Missouri puppy mill. As I posted yesterday, I'm considering fostering one of the dogs. (I live in St. Louis.) And I appreciate the advice on that issue that's coming in from YTers.

I have an additional idea for helping these precious animals. On December 20, I published a little book called "How the Yorkie Rescued Santa." I made a few preliminary sales to friends, but my plan was to heavily market the books later this year for Christmas '09 sales.

Now I have a different thought. For the next month, I would like to offer my books for sale to YT members, with all net profits pledged to the Humane Society of Missouri, earmarked for the rescued Yorkies. I'm hoping to raise at least $300 for the Humane Society by March 20.

The book is a rhyming, read-aloud story for kids (with some tongue-in-cheek humor for adults to enjoy as well!) -- makes a great gift. An early start to your '09 holiday shopping! Here's the info:

HOW THE YORKIE RESCUED SANTA--An Adventure in Doggerel. By Oliver W.B. Porter, as told to Carol S. Porter. Illustrated by Shelley Dieterichs. 12 pages, paperback; color cover. $8 plus $1.50 shipping and handling, and Missouri sales tax where applicable.

You can read more about the book, and view the book cover, on my website: Carol S. Porter - Writer, Editor, Speaker Then if you're interested in a book, or 2 or 3, please email me here: carolporter04@yahoo.com and we'll take it from there.
Together, I hope we can do some good for these sad little creatures.

All the best, Carol and Oliver
OliversMom is offline   Reply With Quote
Welcome Guest!
Not Registered?

Join today and remove this ad!