View Single Post
Old 10-06-2005, 05:54 AM   #1
rrosenberry
& Bailey & Bella
Donating Member

Default So, Proud of my Bailey Boy!!

Well,, just wanted to let ya all now, How Proud I am.
Bailey is 15 months old,and like most of you,,he was a runner,, open the door and he would RUN! Many times I chased, which he LOVED, so I quit that,and would just sit on the porch and act like I didn't care, eventually he'd come back looking like " aren't ya gonna yell and holler, and chase me?"
So, since he's been a pup, when we'd go out ( on a leash) we would walk the perimeter of the yard, and he had his spots to do his business.
WELL, in the last few weeks, When I was on the porch he'd sit and I'd unhook him,,and he would STAY,, and just wander around,, so daily I would do this more,, Maybe walk around and he'd follow, or water the plants and he'd follow, take the trash out and he'd follow,,I did this when there were NO dogs of People around,,NO DISTRACTIONS..
So last night I was on the porch and he was laying beside me,and my neighbor comes out with her DOG... .. I just kept saying stay,,good,, stay.. So, he gets up and walks to the edge of the yard,,and watches as they walk by.... I was so happy!! She was amazed,,, then more people went by and he did the same. My other neighbor said " did you get an electric fence?" I said " NO. but you would think so, huh?!"
SO, I just had to tell ya there is HOPE for all those RUNNERS out there,, it just takes time,,and now that hes older,, its better.
I would NEVER leave him out alone, but it is nice to be able to sit on the porch and to have him SIT with me,, and not worry about him darting away.

~Anatole France~
rrosenberry is offline   Reply With Quote
Welcome Guest!
Not Registered?

Join today and remove this ad!