View Single Post
Old 02-17-2009, 07:27 PM   #1
LexiLou
YorkieTalk Newbie!

Default Hi - I'm a empty-nester who last year...

became a dog owner for the first time. I found a local breeder who I adore and bought a one-year old Yorkie. This came after talking to several breeders in my area who suggested that a year old Yorkie would be better for me. She is now 2 years old and the absolute love of my life. However, I'm told by friends and family that I've spoiled her. I play a lot of bridge and Lexi sits on my lap most of the time. She sleeps with me, and she still uses Pittle Pads, because I don't like to go outside when it is cold. She was potty-trained that way and it works well for me. I've just deleted about six lines about concerns I have, but I'll save them for another thread. I know I'll enjoy this site, because you have to love Yorkie lovers. By the way, she weighs 7 lbs when I got her and she was sold to me because she had a large rear. The breeder and family called her JLo, but I changed her name to Lexi. They had hoped to show her, but this feature made it impossible. "We all can't be show girls." is what I tell her. Some Yorkies are just for loving.
Another Yorkie Lover

Last edited by LexiLou; 02-17-2009 at 07:31 PM. Reason: Addition
LexiLou is offline   Reply With Quote
Welcome Guest!
Not Registered?

Join today and remove this ad!