View Single Post
Old 02-17-2009, 05:26 PM   #20
MyFairLacy
Donating YT 10K Club Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by yorkielova View Post
im taking her today.she is doing better.she was up and eating but looks to be very weak.i been reading alot and think it is liver shunt do anyone know how much it will cost.i really want to save her myself i just love her to much.my wife is putting her in her work insurance.thanks everyone for your concern you all been so nice.
You'll need to start out with an exam, blood panel, bile acid test and urinalysis. These costs vary from vet to vet, but where I go it is

exam $38
blood panel - about $100
Bile Acid test $40
urinalysis $40

Other than that, I think most people pay about $2000 for a schintigraphy and surgery to fix a shunt if they go to the University of Tennessee. I've heard of other places quoting as much as $4000-$5000

Quote:
Originally Posted by Wylie's Mom View Post
I *think* PetPlan might cover genetic issues...but it won't work if it has already been diagnosed (making it pre-existing). Check out PetPlan -- I know when I was considering it, it did cover genetic.
Yes Petplan does cover genetic diseases. But they won't cover pre-existing conditions. I think you have a 14 day wait from the date you start coverage..if anything is diagnosed before or during that period, it is considered pre-exisiting. I was going to get Petplan insurance last summer and never did it...I'm regretting that now with Lacy's vet bills. Pet plan seemed like a great insurance.
MyFairLacy is offline   Reply With Quote
Welcome Guest!
Not Registered?

Join today and remove this ad!