View Single Post
Old 02-17-2009, 05:00 PM   #15
LolaLove
Donating Senior Yorkie Talker

Rose That's Great News!!

Quote:
Originally Posted by katiebug View Post
Katie is scheduled for surgery to be spayed Feb 25. I think I have found a vet who is excellent, everyone has said he is. My aunt and cousin use this vet. People who live far, bring their animals to this vet. I'm still alot nervous! I will keep everyone posted on how she does. Thanks to everybody for the confidence and advice.
She's gonna be great!! You'll feel SO MUCH better once it's done and over with!! Just know that it's hard when you pick your little one up after the surgery (I almost burst into tears seeing Lola like that). She's going to completely fine, but it's just hard to see them not feeling well. Lola was whining a lot, and was still pretty sedated. She just slept the rest of the day/night and the next day was feeling completely better, and seemed back to normal. It's really the anesthesia that causes them to act like that. It's probably not so much the pain because they give them pain killers. So try not to worry too much.

I just wanted to warn you about that hard time, so you know what to expect. I'm so glad you found a great a vet to go to, and I know she's tiny, but I'm sure she's pretty tough!! The smaller ones are always the tougher ones!!

Good luck! Definitely keep us posted on it! Oh yeah, I would bring a blankie or something you can wrap your baby in when you pick her up from the vet. I just wrapped Lola in her blanket (that she sleeps with at home), and she just snuggled right in my arms. I think it will help. We'll be sending thoughts and prayers for you guys on Feb. 25!!

Last edited by LolaLove; 02-17-2009 at 05:03 PM.
LolaLove is offline   Reply With Quote
Welcome Guest!
Not Registered?

Join today and remove this ad!