View Single Post
Old 02-17-2009, 11:57 AM   #1
DaisyMaeSiliven
Yorkie Yakker

Default Beware of Buckle Collars

I want everyone to please be aware of the dangers of the collars that buckle. Jelly is 4 months old now and we had a regular collar on her just to wear around. (we absolutely use a harness only to walk her) Well we got such a scare the other day I felt I needed to pass the word around. We had caught Jelly a couple times trying to chew on the end that goes thru the buckle, no biggy we just corrected her and went on about our business. Well we have no idea how it happened but somehow she got her lower jaw between the collar and her neck with the buckle part inside her mouth. The collar was so wedged so tight from her fighting it that we could not even get her free from it. The collar would not even turn and her head had been forced downward and she was starting to choke and having trouble breathing. She was terrified and fighting us because she just couldn't make the connection what was going on. Fortunately I was there right after it happened and had to restrain her so my husband could cut it off with scissors. She is fine now thankfully but tragedy Im afraid was just around the corner.
Not Registered?

Join today and remove this ad!