View Single Post
Old 02-17-2009, 08:27 AM   #12
TLC
Slave to My Rug-Rats
Donating Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by yorkielova View Post
im taking her today.she is doing better.she was up and eating but looks to be very weak.i been reading alot and think it is liver shunt do anyone know how much it will cost.i really want to save her myself i just love her to much.my wife is putting her in her work insurance.thanks everyone for your concern you all been so nice.
Try to just remain calm for right now. Here is my advice as my Roxy has liver issues - MVD - you can do a google search and read about what that is too.

She needs to see a Vet - as soon as possible. If you can get an AM appt. I would suggest fasting her from food for at least 10 hrs before. She can have water (no sugar though). This way you can insist that they do a Bile Acid Test during your Vet visit. I would also suggest they do a CBC has well.

The Bile Acid Test will show how the liver is functioning. The CBC will show if there is anything 'else' off that would or could indicate a liver issue.

Depending on the area you are in the BAT and the CBC could each run $60 to $100 a piece - BUT they are VERY important.

You should get the results the next day. Then depending on what those results are, will tell you how you should proceed. AND we can help guide you, once you tell us those results.

I hope that helps

Last edited by TLC; 02-17-2009 at 08:29 AM.
TLC is offline   Reply With Quote
Welcome Guest!
Not Registered?

Join today and remove this ad!