View Single Post
Old 02-16-2009, 11:53 PM   #14
SweetViolet
Donating YT Addict

Quote:
Originally Posted by zoeybear View Post
There is a small male Yorkie that runs loose in my neighborhood all the time. Everyone knows him and he always goes home, but I don't know how he has kept from getting run over.
Sadly, it is just a matter of time for that poor little boy.

When I bought my house, we brought Nash with us to inspect the garden. The owner looked out the patio to see him roaming the back lawn and said "Oh, it seems so strange to see a Maltese out there!" When I asked why, she said her Maltese (very popular breed in SA) Tommy, used to play in the garden and Nash reminded her of Tommy.

When I asked what happened to Tommy, she told me that she used to let him out every morning to run the neighbourhood! She seemed to proud that he had all these "friends" who would give him snacks and pet him and send him on his way!! This house is only two blocks from a very busy four lane road and sure enough...Tommy met a painful end on that road.

I was just appalled!! If my babies are out in the garden and don't come when I call them, I go out on a search mission! Every one of them wears a brass heart engraved with their name on one side, my cell number on the other. I would no sooner put my dogs out to roam the neighbourhood alone that I would put a toddler out to do the same!

Perhaps you could collect the little guy, for his own safety, and let the owner know you found him "wandering around" and you were worried for his safety, both from cars and dognappers. If it were me and that didn't work, I'd collect him and find him a new home and if the owner asked me about him, I'd just lie...and pretend to commiserate with her while reminding her that I had expressed concern about him being on his own!
Welcome Guest!
Not Registered?

Join today and remove this ad!