View Single Post
Old 02-16-2009, 08:18 PM   #13
kathy_caribe
Yorkie Yakker

Thanks so much, everyone. We checked out the largest store here, Chedraui, and they had Purina, Pedigree and two other brands of dog food. We got the Pedigree puppy food (shows rice, chicken and milk on the front) and he did enjoy that tonight. I'll keep an eye out for other food sources. He seems to be taking to potty training really well - our house is a palapa - grass roof and no doors, so there is no doggie door for him to go out - but we're above the jungle so he'll be safe from the snakes.

Got a leash and boy, he wasn't enthralled with that. We do have two inside spaces so we're keeping him in at night and so far no accidents. he is sleeping an awful lot but the kids keep him really busy and I'm not sure how much he sleeps at night (gets quiet here around 1am and then I'm up at 7-8am). Poor guy will need a vacation from us.

He is eating better, got him some treats but we keep forgetting to reward him for peeing and pooping but he seems to have it down without the treats. Maybe this is just the honeymoon stage. Everyone loves him and it seems he is definitely bonding to me and the youngest.

We'll take him to the vet Wednesday when we go into town (we're about 18-20 km from the nearest town) and see what's what and look into heartworm (it is endemic down here) and what shots he needs. He sure is a cutie and when he's awake he is full of vigor!
kathy_caribe is offline   Reply With Quote
Welcome Guest!
Not Registered?

Join today and remove this ad!