Thread: Scratching...
View Single Post
Old 02-16-2009, 04:26 PM   #11
Godislove
Senior Yorkie Talker

Quote:
Originally Posted by Alexander123 View Post
Hello,
I had the same problem. Scratching his ears like crazy until yesterday we decided to take him to the vat again and showed the vet the bites we also had in our bodies. They did a skin scraping and it was negative for mange but since he saw the bites we were having he gave her the shot for mange and antibiotics. We washed all our clothing and bed. If you have bites all around your stomach and there is no sign of fleas than you should go to the vet. I hope he gets better
Thanks. The bite on my stomach is from a spider because they're in a slight pattern, like he was trapped. A neighbor looked at it. (nurse)

I get little dots that itch from time to time and they go away. I am allergic to dogs and cats. Duh, but I get better after time. I know he has allergies now also. I have been giving him benadryl, small amount, twice a day and he has stopped scratching and over weeping has stopped.

I am going to change vets after his shots are finished. I should have been more adamant with the vet about the fleas. I knew he didn't have any and the Advantage only made his skin worse. Someone suggested using Comfortis during flea season or when he gets them. It's gentler on their skin.

Thank you!!! for your concern.
Patti

He goes for his shots Thursday and I do not want antibiotics unless there is a proven reason to use them. They can cause more problems than what they help. I am waiting for a reply from a holistic vet about this.
Godislove is offline   Reply With Quote
Welcome Guest!
Not Registered?

Join today and remove this ad!