View Single Post
Old 02-16-2009, 09:27 AM   #3
KHREE
Yorkie Talker

Quote:
Originally Posted by PrincessDiana View Post
I don't think it's anything to worry about. This is just a theory so don't take this as fact but.. dogs are very aroma driven creatures. Their scent is what identifies them to other dogs. I think when you spray them with another scent, they try to get it off because they don't smell like themselves. It would be like if someone came up and painted a mask on your face. Obviously you would want to wash it off immediately so people knew who you were. OR it could be the wetness on her fur that is irritating and he's trying to dry himself off. Franklin and Maggie do this after baths or when I spray conditioner into their coats.
Diana, thanks for your response. I just reviewed my post and don't know why it's appearing with the HTML codes which makes my message unclear.

What I was trying to say is... Yukie does not only react this way when a scent is sprayed on him. He reacts this way to any scent he smells on others or on the floor.

He does his little floor dance if he sniffs me and smells my lotion or purfume or if I've used baking soda or carpet fresh on my carpet. It appears he has a reaction to any fragrance on him or anywhere he sniffs.
Not Registered?

Join today and remove this ad!