View Single Post
Old 02-15-2009, 07:14 PM   #15
JCali
Yorkie Yakker

YTNR really does have very high adoption fees for some of their dogs. I understand that their medical care has probably cost more than that, or they use the extra money to cover expenses for the older dogs, but I feel like the pricey ones won't end up getting adopted b/c people don't want to spend that much on a rescue, especially with the economy the way it is. If people were willing to spend that much they could just buy a baby from a breeder and they would know the history of their Yorkie's line. Plus, rescue dogs are more likely to have issues b/c of what has happened in their past. I am really glad that YTNR rescues these babies, but I see the high priced dogs on there for months, while the lower priced dogs get adopted more quickly. All the dogs that were over 500 in November (with some posted in September) are STILL on the website, while many of the ones priced 100-450/500 have been adopted or are in the process of being adopted. None of the higher priced ones have been reduced either, even though they have been on the site for months. These babies need forever homes, but they don't have them, I believe, b/c of their high cost.
Welcome Guest!
Not Registered?

Join today and remove this ad!