View Single Post
Old 02-15-2009, 06:58 PM   #1
Tabatha00
YT Addict

Omg HELP!!! Nahla in HEAT!

I'm starting to freak out and need some help!!! Our vet told us we needed to get Nahla spayed when she was 7 months old. She's 7 months old and over the weekend I noticed her licking herself....ALOT. Right now she is laying on the bed beside me and her pee-pee (vulva I think they call it) is really swollen!!!!

I have Mufasa who is my male yorkie. What do I do? I don't want Nahla having puppies and now that I think she is coming into heat is it too late to get her spayed? I'm going to call the vet first thing in the morning but I need some advice right now.

First: When is the "fertile" cycle of heat. If I just noticed her pee-pee swollen tonight could she possibly get pregnant NOW?

Second: Do I need to keep her and Mufasa away from each other? I have NO IDEA how to do that.

Third: Will the vet spay Nahla if she is already in heat?

MOST IMPORTANTLY: If the vet will spay her now because she is coming into heat will it hurt her? I don't want anything to happen to my precious baby and worry about her having surgery since she is already in heat (I think).

What do you guys think? HELP!
Tabatha00 is offline   Reply With Quote
Welcome Guest!
Not Registered?

Join today and remove this ad!