View Single Post
Old 02-15-2009, 06:01 PM   #1
KHREE
Yorkie Talker

Default WEIRD, NORMAL or ALLERGY?

Originally Posted by KHREE http://www.yorkietalk.com/forums/ima...s/viewpost.gif
Bobbie is so adoraqble. Thanks for sharing the video with us. I just got my Yorkie, Yukie a week ago. I phoned the breeder because when I sprayed conditioning spray on Yukie and brushed him, he ran away and started scooting around the floor on the carpet for about 5 minutes. I thought he was having a [COLOR=green! important][COLOR=green! important]seizure[/COLOR][/COLOR] or something. It's a relief knowing he's normal. I had made a note to ask the vet about this behavior when he goes for his first visit this week. Thanks again to all.

FOLLOW=UP TO ABOVE POST:

Alright, I've now had Yukie for 4 weeks now, and I have finally realized he's not having a seizure..., not reacting to getting wet with the conditionaing spray..., or reacting to getting brushed as I originally thought. He reacts like Bobby (rapidly and continuously sliding his body across the floor, one side... then the other..., flipping on his face to rub his nose across the floor or with his paws) whenever he comes into contact with any type of fragrance. He reacts this way when I spray anything on him..., when me or my husband has used [COLOR=green! important][COLOR=green! important]lotion[/COLOR][/COLOR] or any type of frangrance anywhere on our bodies.

I had taken Yukie to the vet yesterday and was told he is very healthy at 5 months but, he will probably be one of the bigger Yorkies because he's 8lbs 1oz at 5 mths.

While there, (before realizing he was reacting to the scent of the frangrances) I informed the vet of his behavior when he's sprayed with the conditioner. He advised me to spray it into my hands and rub it on him. He proceeded to do this with some skin conditioner he sold there. And of course, he had no reaction while the vet was in the room for another minute. But as soon as he left and the [COLOR=green! important][COLOR=green! important]nurse[/COLOR][/COLOR] placed him back in his crate with his soft blanket, he went to work trying to rid his senses of the smell from the vet's spray.

I didn't realize his problem was with any type of frangrance until yesterday evening.

Has anyone else experienced this with their [COLOR=green! important][COLOR=green! important]babies[/COLOR][/COLOR]? If so, is this an allergy? Can anything be done about it?

Please help!
Not Registered?

Join today and remove this ad!