View Single Post
Old 02-15-2009, 05:26 PM   #5
jcwuvzu
Senior Yorkie Talker

I actually did a search on YT to find out if anyone has been having this hairball problem!! This has been going on at our house for past two days with our pregnant yorkie. Last night I almost called the ER vet cause she started acting CRAZY sniffing all along the edges of the walls, chairs, everything and making hacking sounds for about an hour. Her abdomen seemed hard as a rock and blown up like a balloon! I thought maybe bloat, and I even burped her like a baby. Then she started tooting from the other end (a lot, lol) and seemed to be all better. She coughed up a couple hairballs, which I thought was odd, but dismissed it, till the whole thing happened again tonight. And tonight it was A LOT MORE HAIR. She seems ok, but I am calling vet tomorrow to be sure, and I am gonna get her cut down. She needs a haircut anyway before the babies are born. Boy am I glad not to be the only one who is going through this, but what to do? I will post again after talking to vet, maybe its something simple that we should be doing...
Not Registered?

Join today and remove this ad!