View Single Post
Old 02-15-2009, 03:52 PM   #15
Misti1
Donating YT 500 Club Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by lemonlauren View Post
I don't really know a perfect solution to tell you about them asking to go out all the time... we have that problem with Nikko sometimes. Basically if he's bored or has too much energy, he'll drive us nuts going over to the door to be let out. The only thing we've been able to do to help this is to take him for long walks early in the day, so that the rest of the day he's more relaxed (a little anyways).

He's also a faker when we do take him out... though since we've started watching closer, he's started faking less. We always take him out on a short leash for potty trips, so we can watch him like a hawk. When he pees for real, he squats first, and then *his tail lifts up as the pee begins.* That's the real teller, the tail. No tail lift, no puddle, he gets NO treat. Now when he fakes, he looks at us just for a second like, "did I fool you this time?" and when we shake our heads and tell him to quit faking and go potty, he turns around and goes back to sniffing, like he's thinking, "Oh darn. Well, I tried."

Lauren & Nikko

PS: We use tiny little peanut butter baking chips as potty treats, split into thirds. Each treat really is just a teeny taste... he definitely does ask to go out more often than he needs to, and it's really annoying sometimes. Nevertheless, I am happy our indoor accidents are diminishing!
He sounds like a character....aren't you scared of peanut butter anything right in through here?
Not Registered?

Join today and remove this ad!