View Single Post
Old 02-15-2009, 10:42 AM   #5
bjh
Donating YT 5000 Club Member

Just because they were stuck does not automatically mean she will have pups. How much does the female and male weigh? If she is nice size then I see no reason why she could not deliver puppies safely, but as others have said you always have to be prepared when things go wrong.

Once I had a male tie with one of my females on the first day of her heat so I know it can happen. Of course the breeding did not take because it was way to early in her heat cycle. I know puppies like to hump other dogs even if the other dog is not in heat so I can understand your confusion if you thought your female was spayed. Is she swollen or bleeding any now? Also, I had a friend once that has a female St. Bernard and she would let the males breed her anytime, whether she was in heat or not so I know that it is possible. So I wonder if you female could really be spayed and was just being tolerant of the male puppy or if she is really in heat. Maybe she is having a silent heat.

Whatever the outcome I wish you the best of luck and I hope you keep us updated.
bjh is offline   Reply With Quote
Welcome Guest!
Not Registered?

Join today and remove this ad!