View Single Post
Old 10-05-2005, 04:58 PM   #1
pwright
Yorkie Talker

Default Help! Can't keep her in her playpen!

Greetings,

My wife and I pickup up our adorable little Yorkiepoo 10 days ago. She's a great little puppy, and is catching on quick. However, we have a bit of a problem: My wife and I sometimes have to leave her for up to 4 hours due to our schedules, and we want her to have a larger place to play than her crate.

The first pen I bought was the "superyard XT"... it's 26 inches tall and plastic. Upon putting her in there, she hated it and found a way to get out (when we aren't in the room). So, I returned that, and picked up a 30 inch high metal pen. Well, today she ran up to the door to greet me when I got home. Now, she's only 4lbs and 12 weeks old. When she stands on her hind legs her paws are still a good foot below the top of the pen.

I've tried hiding, as well as staying the room, to see how she gets out. She'll never do anything while we're home but whine, but the second we go out, she's outta there. The other day I stepped outside for literally 10 seconds, came inside, and she was out.

I'm concerned about getting anything taller, as if she's climbing it and falls she could get injured. However, I don't know if she's climbing out or jumping high enough to get her paws over the top and wiggling out.

Does anybody have any suggestions? The only other thing I can think to do is try to make a top for it, but I want to keep her play area as large as possible when we're not here.

HELP please!! Thanks much.

Regards,
Pat, Sara, and Coco
pwright is offline   Reply With Quote
Welcome Guest!
Not Registered?

Join today and remove this ad!