View Single Post
Old 02-14-2009, 12:51 PM   #1
mikie1977
Donating Yorkie Yakker

Default Have to take my little one to get spayed! Or do I?? Help!

Ok I need some advice here. I have heard both the positive and negatives about getting our doggies fixed. My 2 year old (Coby) has been neutured and all is well. He weighs a little over 5 lbs. But my newer pup (Shelby) is the one I am worried about. she just turned 1 yr old and weighs 3.2 lbs. she's a tiny little thing! i am worried about the risk of surgery. should i be? my vet says it is fairly common to get dogs her size spayed, but that there is always a risk. this did not reassure me! she also needs 4 baby teeth pulled which he said he would do at the same time. very scary! anyone have any feedback or thoughts on my situation? because coby is the only other dog she is really ever around, and because she is only in heat like twice a year, i am almost considering not getting it done.

one more thing - she was recently in heat the past two days (had her period or whatever the correct terminology is!). if I WAS to get her spayed, would I need to wait for a period of time before doing so?

thanks SO much!
mikie1977 is offline   Reply With Quote
Welcome Guest!
Not Registered?

Join today and remove this ad!